Monday, July 14, 2008

There's Power in Prayer

Last night at church I spent a long time talking with one of my friends, Yolanda. She and I shared with each other our financial struggles and made a commitment to pray for each other.

It was both encouraging and disheartening (if that makes sense) to hear that my family is not the only one struggling right now. I could tell countless stories of people in my church who are out of work, or need a healing in their body, or have a loved one who is not living for God.

When I hear about men who have lost their jobs, it makes me thankful that at least Jim has his Social Security and we are guaranteed a certain amount every month. Those that are losing their jobs are not guaranteed anything :(

I've been thinking a lot about it today and I believe that God has laid on my heart to have a "Prayer Meeting" here on the blog.

Now, I will admit to you that one of my thoughts was "Wow, great way to generate traffic!". But, as God continued to work on my heart, I repented of that. I don't care if no one leaves a comment, or whatever. I believe that God has laid on my heart to pray for these situations and that it what I'm going to do.

If you would like to, leave a comment with a prayer request. Or just quietly pray. Whatever you want to do.

I am committing to pray for each request that is left here.

We can cut coupons and hunt for bargains and all that, but if we do not have the help of the Lord, all of our efforts are in vain. And, I do believe that with the Lord's help, that finances will come from places that we never dreamed of.

Matthew 18:19-20 "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Matthew 7:7-11 "Ask and it shall be given: seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh fineth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is ther of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

Finally, this song is on my mind today. It's sung by The Hinsons

Power in Prayer

Oh, there is power in prayer
Power to spare
All that you ever need
Is waiting right there
Just a few words
A child's faith
And its Good-bye despair
Oh, there's power
So much power
There's power in prayer

***If you do not know Jesus and would like to learn more, please email me at momofknt at yahoo dot com

No comments: