
I hardly have any meat, but we do still have chicken. So, "I feel like chicken tonight..." Also, I'm trying to have at least two meat-less meals a week.
Monday: Sticky Chicken, rice, green beans, strawberries
- I pulled off most of the leftover meat and put that away for later. Left the hard-to-get-meat on the carcass which will be thrown into the soup pot tomorow.
Tuesday: Chicken Rice Soup, french rolls in the bread machine
- Super Easy recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook that will use the meat and the broth gained from boiling the carcass. Will also throw in the leftover rice from Monday's meal.
Wednesday: Hearty Lentil Spaghetti*
Thursday: Beans and tortillas
Friday: Chicken Tortilla Bake*
Saturday: Chicken Over Curly Noodles*
Sunday: Sesame Ribs
- I always put something in the crockpot for us to come home to after church. This cuts out the desire to go grab something to eat when we are hungry after church. This particular recipe makes a wonderfully saucy and meaty pork rib.
*New recipes are marked with an asterisk
Note: I don't usually plan side dishes as I usually have an abundance of rice/pasta/potatoes/vegetable items and I just choose whatever I feel like that day. An exception may be made if I have a specific side that I want to try or a new recipe.
Click on the button at the top for more great menus and recipes this week.
2 comments:
Your menu looks great.
We're eating Sticky Chicken this week, too! :) It's one of our family favorites.
And those sesame ribs went right into my "to try" folder. YUM!
I hope you'll post a review of your family's reaction to the Hearty Lentil Spaghetti. That looks great to me, and I think my son would like it. But I'm not sure about the rest of my family.
Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com
Post a Comment