I wasn't all that thrilled with the sales this week, probably because I really need meat and the sales weren't too hot. But, there were a few good deals, and with it just being me and the kids this week, we'll eat corn dogs and ramen and hope for a good sale next week. Or eat even more chicken...sigh.
Total spent: $53.48
Total coupons: $21.82 (Yes!!!)
Total saved: $ 57.39 / 52%
Highlights:
Swiffer WetJet Refill (yes, we have succumbed to this scam) 3.99 - $1 eSaver card coupon (I didn't even remember this) - coupon doubled to $1 = 1.99
Keebler cookies; buy 4, save $6 = 1.50 each. With me being dairy-free AND trying to avoid excess weight, I've found it's actually better for me to buy goodies and parcel them out to the kids rather than make goodies that I shouldn't eat, but wind up doing.
Lunchables Pizza kit (Try for Free rebate) My kids love this stuff. They're crazy. Counted towards Planter's deal.
2 Pasta Roni @ .88 No more coupons, sadly, but, again, my kids love this stuff.
4 Duncan Hines Brownie Mix @ $1 - $1/2 coupon = .50 each
2 Beech-Nut baby food jars FREE
Land O'Frost lunch meat FREE. A fellow freecylcer emailed this link. I only took one because I didn't really know what it was or if we would like it. I will be going back for the other three.
Also, the package had a coupon for .45 off any cheese with the "REAL" logo, so I picked up an 8 oz block of cheese for my kids to enjoy @ 2.27 - .45 coupon doubled = 1.47
2 Oscar Mayer Deli Meat @ 2.99 - $1 coupon x 2 = 1.99 each. Counted towards Planter's deal.
Planter's peanuts @ 3.47 - $3 Planter's coupon = .47. I was disappointed that this did not produce a catalina.
Grapes @ 1.99 lb Grumble, grumble
Strawberries @ $1 lb Woohoo!
Apples @ 1.99 lb Grumble, grumble
2 Del Monte Green Beans @ .75 The only green beans that we will eat. And one of the few vegetables.
2 Bread @ 1.00 each
Corn dogs @ 4.99
So, all in all, not too bad. I'm happy that I'm getting it down to under $100 every week.
See what we're eating this week here

No comments:
Post a Comment