Thursday, July 17, 2008

Answered Prayers

If I get a chance, I have this grwat post in my head about how God takes care of us and my thoughts on the beginning of this journey.

But, for now I want to share with you an answered prayer. My children go to our church school, which is an outstanding school that emphasizes the academic and the spiritual. They use the Abeka program. My children have excelled in this school and love, love, love it.

The past three years we have paid for the tuition by my earnings. Well, now that I am home we have really been wondering how we were going to pull it off.

We applied for a scholarship last year and didn't get it because they ran out of funds.

We applied again this year. Hadn't heard anything, hadn't heard anything.

It was on my prayer list and I mentioned it regularly, but it was last Saturday night at prayer meeting when I just wept and prayed "Lord, make a way for the kids to go to GCA." If they couldn't go, I would homeschool, but that's not ideal for various reasons that I wouldn't go into right now. Anyway, I just felt such a strong burden.

Yesterday, I went to get the mail and there was an envelope from the scholarship program. I quickly opened it and read that we had been given a 75% scholarship, the highest that they give!!!! I started crying and took time right then and there to raise my hands and give thanks for God.

The best part is that this scholarship is automatically renewable every year as long as we qualify and funds are available.

I immediately called my husband every though he is out of town to share the good news. Just the thought that our bill has been reduced to 25% gives me such a feeling of relief. That, I can do.

God is so good! He really does care about every part of our lives.

No comments: