This morning while making tortillas I realized that my flour had those little mealy-worms in it. Talk about ruining an appetite. The tortillas were promptly tossed as was the rest of the flour in the container.
My stomach doing somersaults, I went straight to Google to find out more about these creatures. I love Google.
This is what I found: Eliminating Pantry Pests Keeps Stored Food Palatable. See that worm on the left? That's what was in my flour. Oh, gross.
However, I found some great tips:
Keeping Worms out of Flour and Oatmeal
One tips that is funny is to put Spearmint gum at the bottom of your canisters. The bugs don't like it. Guess what's on my grocery list.
I cleaned out my pantry and it looks like the flour was the only thing affected. I think I got it before it got bad. I'll have to keep a close on now.
And, now I have to think of something else to make besides chicken enchiladas.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment