I sat down and couponed matched everything that was listed and wouldn't you know that I had coupons for exactly 30 items. How cool is that!
I went during the day and it wasn't too busy, so I did a second transaction with an additional 10 items that were a great price but I didn't have coupons for. So, I wound up with 40 items from the Mega Event. I might go back after coupons come in on Sunday, but I might wait, too, since it's going on until Aug 5.
Here's what I got: (This picture only shows those items that didn't need to go into the freezer or fridge)
**Oh, and how's something interesting: I had a few internet coupons that said "Not subject to doubling" that Fry's did double. So, I saved a few more cents than I had thought I would. Cool!!!
My First Transaction:
Betty Crocker Cookie Mix 1.00 Coupon: .50 off = .50
Betty Crocker Frosting 1.00 - .55 e-shortcuts coupon = .45
Brawny Paper Towels Big Roll 1.00 - .50 doubled = FREE
Cattleman's BBQ sauce 1.00 - .75->1.00 = FREE x 3
Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks 1.50 x 6; (2) .50/2 doubled = 1.00 each x 4; (1) .80/2 -> 1.00=1.00 each x 2
Betty Crocker Warm Delights minis 1.50 x 4; .55 e-shortcuts coupon = .95; (2) .50 doubled = .50 x 2; .55 -> 1.00 = .50
Skintimate Shave Gel 1.50 - .55 -> 1.00 = .50 x 2
Mrs. Smiths or Edwards Pie Slices (great treat, yum!) 1.50 - $1/2 = 1.00 x 2
Lysol All-purpose Cleaner 1.50 - .50 doubled = .50
Advil Pain Relief 2.00 - 2.00 = FREE x 2
Huggies Wipes 2.00 - 1.00= 1.00 x 2
Tyson chicken boxes 2.00 - $1/2 = 1.50 x 2
Ball Park Meat Franks 1.50 - $1/2 = 1.00 x 2
Lysol Toilet Cleaner = 1.50 (no coupon); just remembered that I subed Windex for this.
Other highlights:
$2 off Huggies Bath and Body Product WYB Huggies wipes = .99
Baugette off the clearance rack .79
Kroger Pleated Sandwich Bags 150 ct 1.00 x 2 (great for school!)
Rice Dreams 1.99 - .75 -> 1.00 = .99
Grapes .77/lb
Fry's Canned Veg's .50 (we will suffer b/c Del Monte was tooo expensive)
Also, we need something besides chicken bad. I looked at the clearance rack and most were still too expensive, but I did find a big ham marked down to $1.19/lb, so I picked that up and will cook it tomorrow. I also found a package of leg quarters marked down to .59/lb. I don't usually like leg quarters, but that's cheap! So, that will do.
**Update: When I unwrapped the ham this morning to cook it, I noticed that it's a 10.25 lb ham and I only paid $7.48 for it. So, even though it said $1.19/lb, they mislabeled it and I only paid about .75/lb for it.
Total Spent: 47.02 (Yeah!!!)
Total Coupons: $42.10 (including $15 from the Mega Event)
Total Saved: $90.90 (66%)
My Second Transaction I bought:
4 Tyson Bacon 2.00 each
1 Del Monte Mandarin Orange cups 1.50 (would have bought more but they were out)
2 Hunt's Snack Packs 2.00
3 Tony's Pizzas 1.50
Total: 18.00
Total Saved: 29.90 (62%)
Thank you to Marcy for breaking down everything (Kroger and Fry's are the same).

1 comment:
Great job!! That is so awesome about your ham!
I typically have the same experience with my internet coupons that say "no doubling". It is a nice bonus when they double, isn't it?
Enjoy your week and thanks for posting your link! :-)
Post a Comment