Crystal at Money-Saving Mom did a post about the importance of contacting companies when their products don't meet your expectations. It helps the company because they need to know about problems in order to remedy them. It also helps you because the company will usually replace or refund the item, and you might score extra coupons as well. Commentors also pointed out that just writing the company and letting them know that you like their product will often result in rewards.
So, I decided to start doing this and have had much success.
First, I contacted the makers of Rice Dreams and told them that I loved their product. I've been using it for about a month due to my nurslings milk intolerance. I asked it them had any coupons that they could send me. About a week later, I received a nice letter in the mail along with 4 .55 off coupons. Good job, Rice Dreams!
Next, I contacted Beech-Nut. Two baby food jars were accidentally left in my van overnight. Due to the Arizona heat, I wondered if they would still be good or not. I emailed Beech-Nut and asked. Within one day I received a personalized email from them. They advised throwing away the jars as they might have spoiled in the heat. Okay, cool. Then, to my surprise a week later I received coupons from them, which included a coupon for two free jars of baby food. Woohoo for Beech-Nut!!!
Finally, I had to contact Coppertone. I had purchased the Lotion Spray during the recent CVS Coppertone deal. My husband loved it. But, the third time he tried to use it, it jammed up and nothing I did would unjam it. So, I called up Coppertone and explained the problem. They are going to send me a label so that I can return the item and then they will refund my money. Thank you, Coppertone.
So, contact, contact, contact. It does pay.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment