
I stumbled upon Gayle's Grocery Cart Challenge blog sometime last week and was so interested that I read the whole bog and added it to my blog list.
Gayle feeds her family of 6 on $60 per week. The most amazing part is that she lives in the Pacific Northwest, where prices are not cheap.
I thought her Recipe Swap would be a good addition to this blog, so here we go:
This week I am sharing our favorite recipe for meatloaf. Frugal tip: I use any leftover bread, crackers, cornbread, etc to make the bread crumbs. It's a great way to use up those crumbs at the bottom of the cracker bag.
I got this recipe off of allrecipes, from a person who just happened to have the same last name as me :)
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 onion, chopped
1 cup milk
1 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup
STEPS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well.
3. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in about ½ of the sauce. Form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with the rest of the sauce.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
For more recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap!

1 comment:
I love your tagline under your blog title. Isn't that the truth...God's provision.
Post a Comment