Saturday, January 24, 2009

Super Savings Saturday January 24

Well, it's time for another Super Savings Saturday. Wow, seems like I just did one of these. The week went by fast.

First up this week was Walgreens:


Everyone's having a big Pepsi and chips deal, of course. Walgreens is also doing a Ragu deal, so I went with intentions of rolling my $5RR from last week's Pepsi deal into the Ragu deal, then rolling the $10RR from Ragu into another Pepsi/Chip deal. Well, they were completely out of the Ragu. So, I just got the Pepsi deal and then remembered at check-out that if I used by $5RR from Pepsi, that I won't get another Pepsi RR. So, I just paid cash. Now I have $15RR Total and still need to go do the Ragu deal. Not sure if I'm going to have time.

I also bought 2 Dixie napkins @ 1.99 each, used $1 coupons

Total OOP: 22.23

Bashas:
I needed some ground beef, so I searched through all of the grocery ads to find one. The last one, of course, had 5 lb chubs for 99/lb, limit 2. I don't normally shop at Bashas because they are expensive, but sometimes they do have some other good deals, too. Oranges were .69/lb. Zucchini & grapes .88/lb. The chips were 1.97 each, plus they had a coupon attached to save $2 on salsa, so I got the salsa for 1.99. That boosted my total up past $20, so I was able to get Folgers for 4.38 and a loaf of good bread for .88.

Total OOP: 27.79
Total savings: 44.17


Dressers for the kids: Both of my two oldest kids have been needing new dressers for awhile. Have you priced dressers recently? They are ridiculously expensive! So, we put it off and put it off. Finally, we saw dressers for sale at KMart and decided to check them out. Surprisingly, they fit the bill.

They're not too big or too small, so they fit perfectly in their bedrooms and can hold the amount of clothes that they have right now. They also aren't too flimsy, though of course it's particle board or whatever that stuff is, and not solid wood. The price was right at $50 each and we paid using Christmas money that had been set aside for this purpose.

The dressers will fit the two olders until they are teens, at which time we plan to give the girl our bed and dresser and the boy our chest of drawers (hand made by my grandpa!) and get ourselves a new King-Size set! Then, these two small dressers will go to our two youngest, or as needed.

Here are my three kids posing in front of the new dresser in Katelyn's room. Yes, the baby is sitting in a drawer. He climbed into one of the old dresser drawers as Katelyn was cleaning it out.



I also bought some diapers and wipes this week from Diapers.com. You can read about that purchase here.
So, that's my financial week. See lots more show and tell at MoneySavingMom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Kids Dressers are available at SPACIFY. You must have a look...They are stylish and durable. Visit at www.spacify.com.