Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday



I don't know about you, but we have a ton of cereal in our house. Mostly the result of lots of great sales mixed with lots of great coupons. I don't mind, really, because my kids' breakfast of choice on school mornings is cereal. But sometimes I wonder what else I can do with alllll of this cereal.

Good news! I can do lots.

Cereal can be a great base for cookies.

Here is a link for Butterscotch Treats using corn flakes.

There's good old fashioned Rice Krispie Treats. Or the Chocolate Peanut Butter version.

There's Tiger Cookies, using Frosted Flakes.

And, of course, Cheerios cookies.

Cereal can also be used in other types of food, such as Corn Flake Fried Chicken.

Do an ingredient search on your favorite recipe site, like Recipezaar, and see what you can come up with!

Lots more Kitchen Tips at Tammy's Recipes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this. I am constantly getting cereal and then not knowing what else to do with it.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Thank you for sharing all the great ideas for cereal!!

JANE4girls said...

I gave you an award, come check it out.

http://jane4girls800dollarannualbudget.blogspot.com/2009/01/lemonade-award.html