Monday, January 12, 2009

Too much food!!!

I made way tooo much chicken soup yesterday. We had planned to go to someone's house, so I made a double batch. Then, we decided not to, so I have a ton of soup left over. AND, after I made the soup, I stuck it into the crockpot on warm so that it would be ready when we got home from church. This was a mistake because the rice continued to expand. I only used a cup of rice, but it has multiplied into waaay more. Also, it's taken a lot of the liquid. So, I've learned my lesson. Do not put rice in the crockpot to sit.

So, I'm going to scrape the pizza planned for dinner tomorrow and do soup and grilled cheese instead. Then, if there is still some left, I'm going to see if I can take the rice out and make fried rice with it.

In other news, the Au Gratin Taco Bake was wonderful! Like eating a baked potato with chili, only better.

And, it other other news, my baby is sleeping in his own room tonight. Sniff, sniff.

No comments: