
I love this recipe. It tastes similar to tuna casserole, but it very good. Classic comfort food. I’ve tried other tetrazzini recipes, but always come back to this one. It freezes well and is a great option for a make ahead meal for you or a friend. I’ve given out this recipe many time and always hear good reviews.
INGREDIENTS
12 oz spaghetti
1 ½ tsp vegetable oil
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tbsp butter
¼ cup chopped onion
2 10 oz cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp seasoning salt (optional)
2-3 cups shredded cheddar or American cheese
2 cups cooked and cubed chicken (or turkey or tuna)
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
2 tbsp diced red bell pepper (optional)
STEPS
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, add oil and salt to cooking water. Drain.
3. In large saucepan or stock pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add soup, broth, seasoned salt and half of the cheese. Cook and stir until cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Add spaghetti and chicken. Mix well. Transfer to 2-qt baking dish. Cover with foil.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
5. Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Continue baking 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley and bell pepper, if using.
Lots more recipes at The Grocery Cart Challenge!

3 comments:
Mmm ~ sounds yummy! I was just planning on making a tuna casserole this weekend, but this twist to it sounds great. Thanks so much for sharing!
I just found your blog via Gayle's Recipe Swap, and enjoyed reading through it :)
Thanks for the reminder of a great recipe. We have not had this in a very long time. Cute kids too!
Post a Comment