Saturday, January 3, 2009

Super Savings Saturday

First of all I would like to share that no one in my family has eaten out in eleven days. Count them, folks. The last time was on Monday, December 22. That's almost a miracle in my household. AND, we have no plans to start anytime soon. Or, at least for another week. Next week is our week of prayer and fasting at church, so no eating out for us.

I did a big grocery shopping run on the 1st. I went to Fry's and spent $97. Yuck. No good sales to speak of and I was out of just about everything. Plus, though next week is the week of fasting, Jim is the only one who won't be eating anything. I'm nursing, so I'm just going with no soda and no fun stuff. So, I had to come up with easy, unexciting foods for the kids and I to eat, and that usually involves more convience foods than we usually buy. Sigh.

I also stopped at Safeway to get their ground beef on special. While there, I found chuck steak $1.27lb with 30% off stickers on them. I picked up one package. Then I noticed that they still had holiday prices on their ham and turkeys. So, I picked up a ham for $.88lb and a turkey for $.69lb. I picked smallish ones to fit in my freezer, but I am thrilled about this cheap meat. I spent $30 total at Safeway.

So, almost $130 this week, but my freezer is stuffed with meat and I'll try to recoup the expense in later weeks this month.

In non-grocery news, my wonderful mother sent a package to me with an outfit for each of the kids. She intended for them to be wore the Sunday before Christmas, but forgot to pack them, so we got an After-Christmas blessing. The clothes were not Christmas specific, so they can still get lots of usage out of them.

When Katelyn tried on her dress, we noticed that the security tag had been left on. Since this required a trip to the store, I decided to see if I could exchange Jason's outfit for a bigger size since he grows so fast.

They didn't have the same outfit, but I was able to exchange for another three-piece set, plus an additional matching shirt, AND my mom got a 15 cent credit returned to her card. How about that!

Tyler's outfit was perfect, BTW. Thanks, again, Mom.

No comments: