We don't like ground turkey. I tried it once ten years ago and never tried it again.
Well, at the beginning of the month we were given a pound of ground turkey. Um, what am I going to do with this?? I was seriously tempted to throw it out, but couldn't bring myself to waste good (not tasty!) food that way.
Thank God for Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas on Good (Cheap) Eats.
When I read it, I thought, "Hmm, that just might be the thing." I had all of the ingredients. What a perfect pantry challenge meal.
As I was cooking the ground turkey, I was feeling very skeptical. It just has a certain smell, ya know? But I added lots of taco seasoning and the other ingredients and moved forward.
This was the first time that I had ever softened corn tortillas in oil for enchiladas. I either make them with flour tortillas, or layer it like a lasagna. Wow, softening the tortillas in oil made them taste great! Not like the mush I usually get in the layered casserole.
I didn't tell anyone that this was ground turkey when I served it. Hubby took a bite and said "Yum!" A little while later he said, "Wow, that was good!" When I asked what, he said "That piece of ground beef."
I informed him that it was ground turkey. He said he couldn't even tell. (I could!)
They tasted even better after they had sat awhile.
I still don't like ground turkey and will not buy it. However, at least now I don't have to dread it and if I'm given some again, I know what I'm making!
Thanks, Jessica, for the recipe!
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

1 comment:
So fun! Thanks for letting me know. Glad you could make lemonade from lemons. :)
Post a Comment