Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pantry Challenge Musings

The Pantry Challenge ends in 10 days. Yes, I'm counting them down, wondering if I'm going to make it that long.

Tyler's school curriculum arrived Monday, so I am knee deep in lesson plans and organization as I am determined to make this year the best yet. Last year was a wash for us as we dealt with his diagnosis and he changed from private school to virtual schooling at home.

I've been thinking about this pantry challenge and how I feel about it. Overall I'm glad that I did it. I think we've spent about $200 at the store, which is a lot less than I usually spend. We've used up some things that have been languishing for quite awhile.

And we freed up money for other things, like school supplies. I didn't have to feel guilty going out and buying the things that I wanted for school because I knew that we had the money because of the pantry challenge.

However, next week I will be hitting the stores pretty hard because we are out of quite a few things. And I'm hoping that I can keep things reined in and not completely blow next month's budget with one shopping trip.

Amazing post here. Lots to think about.

No comments: