Meat prices have been going up,up, up! Prices that I used to consider my highest point are becoming my lowest.
That's why I'm so thrilled about my meat purchases this week. I truly feel like God has blessed me.
One of the benefits of living in a large metropolis is lots of grocery stores. We have four different large grocers here, then we have two large Mexican supermarkets, two different warehouse stores, plus two large health food chains, Fresh and Easy, Super Walmart and Super Target. Not to mention the smaller stores sprinkled around. We have lots to choose from.
This week one of the Mexican supermarkets has boneless, skinless chicken breast on sale for 98 cents a pound!! Unbelievable! I bought 10 pounds.
Then, the same grocer had a "one-day-sale" on 73% ground beef for 99 cents a pound. I'm not thrilled with 73%, but at that price? I'll take another 10 pounds, please.
Today I went to one of the regular grocery stores for 88 cents a pound chicken pieces. 10 pounds, please.
While there I found a pound of all-natural 93% ground beef on quick sale for 1.49 a pound. I also found a package of 85% ground beef on quick sale for 1.49 a pound. So I got another 6 pounds of beef.
So, all in all I have 36 pounds of meat in my freezer now. This will last us about 4 to 8 weeks, depending on how I can stretch it.
I am so thankful.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment