I know myself.
And as much as I want to want to be Ma Ingalls, I know that I'm not.
I have learned that as much as I would like to make everything from scratch, I can't. So then I completely give up and we eat out too much.
So I compromise. Especially during busy times, like the beginning of school. Which is in 12 days. Ack!!
I allow for some packaged and easy items because I know that in the long run, having them available to grab quickly will keep us from the drive-thru lane.
I've been making lots of changes to our schedule and I am now going to be shopping on Wednesday nights. Most of my shopping will be done at the warehouse store. If I need to do any other shopping, it will be fitted in according to our schedule that week.
I've also been reminded, yet again, that my special needs child needs structure and routine, especially with meals. I need to plan out the menu, each course, and make him stick with it.
I've decided that I'm going to try planning out breakfast, lunch and dinner and for snacks I will let him choose from the options. I wonder if this will work or if I need to plan out the snacks, too. We don't have a problem getting him to eat snacks, it's the other meals that are the problem.
So, anyway, here is our menu for the next week, starting tomorrow.
Breakfast
Bagels
Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls x 2 (one for the freezer)
Breakfast Casserole for the adults, cereal for the kids
Leftover casserole for the adults, cereal for the kids (or pancakes and sausage if there are no leftovers)
Bagels
Blueberry Muffins x 3 (two for the freezer)
Cereal and Toast
Lunch
Ramen Noodles, Apples
Hot Dogs/Chili Dogs, Chips
Frito Boats or Hot Dogs
Frozen Pizza
Chicken Sandwiches, Chips
Ramen Noodles, Fruit
Frozen Pizza
Dinner
Birthday Party
Hamburgers, French Fries
Oven Fried Chicken, Pasta Salad
Spaghetti, Green Beans, Bread
Tacos, Fruit
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Bean and Cheese Tostadas, Rice
Snacks will be a fruit or a vegetable and a snack item. One treat item will be given after dinner if the person ate well during the day.
Jackpot!
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment