
Well, the first week of the Summertime Pantry Challenge is under our belts. I'm pretty happy with my results.
I had a menu for the week, but I didn't follow it exactly, which is fine with me. We did eat at home every meal (with two notable exceptions!) and I used things that were in my freezer, pantry, and fridge. I was more conscious of waste and made sure that I used up things before they went bad or put them into the freezer.
For example, I did not make the apple crisp that was on my menu last week. I just felt like we had already had too much sweet stuff. But, I did take the time to peel and slice all the apples and put them into freezer bags and into the freezer. So, they didn't waste.
I've spent around $50 at the store. $10 of that was at CVS, getting my husband a razor. I was able to do a deal and get 3 bottles of body wash and a deodorant included in for the price of the razor he wanted. Another $10 was some bug bait to try to get rid of the little black bugs that are still popping up in my pantry. Everything is sealed up tight, but I'm still killing a few bugs every time I check, which is several times a day. Ew, ew, ew! I'm praying the bug bait will help them finally go away.
I've used up or am getting low on a few things, like corn syrup, several spices, butter, baking powder...so I'm going to have to replace most of that soon.
I'm working on this week's menu plan, but nothing sounds good at the moment, so I may just plan a few days at a time. I do know that I need to cook the ham that's in my freezer this week so that we can have some breakfast meat on the weekends.
So, that's my update. Check out the sponsors to see how they are doing and read the comments about all of the challenges around the blogosphere.
- Amy from The Finer Things in Life – cleaning up/clearing out, eating from the garden
- Erin from $5 Dinners – cleaning up/clearing out
- Jen from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam – NO spend, cleaning up/clearing out, eating from the garden
- Shaina from Food for My Family – cleaning up/clearing out, eating from the garden
- Lynn from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures – cleaning up/clearing out, eating from the garden
- Tammy from Tammy’s Recipes – NO spend
- Jessica from Good, Cheap Eats

No comments:
Post a Comment