Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm joining the "No-Spend Experiment"

This month Momadvice.com is hosting a "No-Spend Experiment." You can read about it here.

I am going to join for the month of February. We have some expenses that need some extra money thrown at them, so I'm goin to try not to spend any extra money.

The only exception to this is my son's birthday party. We are having a BBQ at the park and inviting all of our friends. I have been collecting hot dogs, chips, soda and condiments. I'm also going to make chili and a salad. And I need to buy favors and gifts for our relay races, etc. I'll get that at the dollar store.

My cupboards are full thanks to lots of great sales lately, we are stocked on non-food items and the baby has plenty of diapers and wipes. I'm setting aside $50 for essentials. Besides that, I'm going to try to get all 28 meals plus breakfast and lunches out of my full cupboards.

I will update regularly. I'm excited to see if I can do it!

Want to join it?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks so much for joining The No Spend Challenge! I think this is going to be fun and I can't wait to see how everyone does with it!