Friends, I come before you to hereby confess that I fell off of the No Spend wagon yesterday.
You see, the five of us were gone all day on Saturday, looking at apartments, and we needed nourishment. Seeing as how I didn't plan accordingly and take food with us, we went out to eat to the tune of about $20. I'm so sorry.
But, as I was telling Michelle, who also hit a proverbial wall, when you take that little bump in the road and compare it to the long road of frugality this week, I guess I did alright. And now I'm rejuvinated and ready for another week of No-Spending.
Except that I'm having a hard time getting inspired to make my menu plan for next week. I think the reason is because two new recipes bombed back to back and now I don't want to bomb another one. Yet, I don't want to eat the same-old-same-old again either. Nothing sounds good. Except maybe pizza.
Which I really wanted to get for lunch on the way home from church today. But we didn't. Instead we came home and I made Chicken Helper ($1, not sure how much for the chicken because it was actually leftover shredded turkey from my freezer), Valley Steamer Corn-yum! (FREE!!), and crescent rolls (.25). We all enjoyed it and the total meal cost was $1.25, plus the turkey. Much cheaper than pizza.
I've got a busy week coming up with something on the schedule for every day except Wednesday.
Tuesday's is good, though, as I will be babysitting for $50. That will help with the expenses for the rest of the week.
On Thursday the kids will celebrate their 100th day of school. They have to take a project made out of 100 things. I am so not good at creative stuff, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.
Friday is the kids' Valentine's party at school. They are supposed to bring strawberries and cards. Still working on the cards. Depends on how inspired I get between now and then, but honestly, I'm leaning towards the Dollar Store.
Saturday is Tyler's birthday party, so I will need to finalize all the plans and shopping for that this week.
Busy, busy, busy.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment