I'm going to post this here in case anyone else has the same comment as Anonymous:
I can't believe you're writing a blog and posting about how to save money as you're getting WIC. Did the thought of giving up the internet enter your mind as an opportunity to save money and not have tax payers $ buy your groceries? If you're going to realize your dream of staying home maybe you should be doing it with only your own support since you've made it clear that this has been your choice.
Hi, Anonymous. I'm sorry that you are bothered by my choice to use WIC. I've never made it a secret, as you can see by some of my earlier posts, but I don't usually mention it either, because, no I don't consider it part of my "savings". But, I did mention it this time because of the "No-Spend Experiment" and I wanted to make sure that I gave an exact picture of our expenses this month.
Guess what? I just knew that someone would be mad.
Oh well.
I've written and deleted more a couple of times with lots of explanation, etc, but in the end I've decided to just say this:
If you don't like my choices, feel free to not read my blog. I'm also not sure why I shouldn't be writing a blog about saving money because I get WIC. Life is a lot more than WIC.
It's easy to pass judgement on people when their choices don't line up with yours.
This is the choice that my family and I have made for this season in our lives. And, trust me, we've had a lot of "thoughts".
I'm sorry if that bothers you; you're free to move on to other blogs.
Jackpot!
1 week ago

6 comments:
Geeezzzz! Another internet troll! They are everywhere right now!!!
I don't believe on LIVING on government handouts alone. That's wrong.
Using WIC for a season is not. Ummmmm, didn't YOU pay in your taxes??? As both you and your husband have worked I'd say YES.
So you are getting some use out of the money the government is taking from you (still as dh works).
Being a welfare queen and never working sucks. Using the benefits you have and still are paying for through the government does not.
And you know what? Internet trolls are starting to be right up there with the welfare only people. They are blood suckers.
Thank you, Autumn. In the past six years of my life, I have done things that I never in a million years dreamed that I would have to do (nothing illegal!! LOL) I'm learning that it's not a good idea to judge someone because you just don't know all of the details that led them to the choices that they make. Hopefully soon I'll be making enough from home to go off of WIC. Until then, I'll take it. And, yes, I did work many years and my husband works now.
i agree with autumn. and i know where you are coming from. in the past 9 months i have had to do many things i never dreamed i would be doing either. we found out i was pg in october and then in april dh lost his job of 9 yrs! baby was born 7 wks early and we moved 1100 miles and now live with my mother-in-law! and yes i get WIC too. dh is still looking for work and it is hard but i just keep telling myself it isn't forever.
i personally don't see anything wrong with getting WIC as it helps those mothers, infants, and children to make sure they are getting the proper nutrition. and it is not like you can be on it forever anyways. their income guidelines are lower than other welfare programs (food stamps), women are only on it as longs as they are pg or breastfeeding and most children are taken off of it at age 5. personally, i don't look at it int he same way as other welfare programs as it is more of a short-term thing.
and not being judgemental is a pretty good idea as you never know when your circumstances will change and you might have to do the very same things to help your family get by during a rough time!
There are always haters out there, it's such a shame. Good for you for telling them to just move on instead of absorbing their insults.
Take Care and I am glad to have found your blog, I will be back!
I appreciate your honesty and how you're living frugally right now. It's inspiring to see how other bloggers break down their purchases and budget. I think it's good to offer suggestions but admit it is easy to criticize someone else. Ultimately, it's your $ and your choice, try not to get down about someone else's criticism. I've realized that everyone spends their $ differently. :)
As someone who also, has used WIC in the past, I applaud you for using it for exactly what it is there for....people who need it, who have paid into taxes and need it for their children. I'm glad that you are able to stay home with your kids and I encourage you to use WIC and stay home with them for as long as you can!! I found your blog as I am trying to find ways to cut our grocery budget as well. I work 2 days a week out of the home, the kids are home with my husband then so I don't feel bad about leaving them!
Post a Comment