Friday, February 6, 2009

No-spend Experiment Day 5 and 6

I had a post typed out yesterday, but then the internet went down and I lost it :(

Anyway, I didn't spend any money yesterday. We had BBQ chicken sandwiches for dinner using 4 chicken leg quarters that I boiled all night, pulled off the bones and mixed with BBQ sauce. They were delicious. Helped to use up some buns that were fixing to go stale. Also used a box of Suddenly Salad that was in the cupboard.

Today I nixed the menu again in favor of using up some leftovers. We still had some refried beans and tostada shells left, but no one wanted more tostadas. So, I used them to make this recipe for Easy Taco Casserole. I also used 5 store bought tostada shells that I had to make up the remaining needed chips. Unfortunately, we weren't too crazy about it. We ate our servings, but I won't make it again.

I also made Sour Cream Banana Bread to use up some sour cream and bananas that were expiring. It's delicious!!!

On the spending side, I did go to CVS today. I spend 16 cents OOP. You can read about the details here. I'm thrilled with this trip because I was able to fit in candy that I will use as prizes at my son's birthday party. I paid for them with ECBs and I got ECBs back for the purchase!

I also stopped at Chick-fil-a to use a coupon for a free chicken sandwich that I had received for doing a survey. I purchased waffle friesand water to go with it. $1.49

So, I spent $1.65, bringing my total spent to $3.83, which leaves me $46.17 to spend.

No comments: