Monday, February 2, 2009

No Spend Experiment: Day Two

Day two of our experiment. Things went well. I didn't spend any money, and I actually gained something: two coconuts. For some reason the kids got these free at school. So, I need to figure out what on earth I'm supposed to do with them???? Thank God for Swagbucks! I'm going to go look up some info so I can do something with these coconuts and not waste!! When you're trying to stretch, stretch, stretch, ya gotta take anything that you can get.

Breakfast today was cereal for the older kids. I eat cereal, a half of a leftover bagel and an english muffin. Jason had Cheerios and banana. Jim doesn't eat breakfast.

Lunch: Kids took salami and string cheese, chips, applesauce and granola bars. I had leftovers from yesterday. Jim had sandwiches, a can of soup, chips, and no bake cookies.

Snacks: the kids had popcorn when they got home from school.

Dinner: Ham, augratin potatoes, candied carrots (needed to use the last ones up), Buttery Bread Machine Rolls, and apple crisp.

After dinner I cut all the ham off the bone and froze the bone. That will be used to make bean soup later this month.

Made some sandwiches for Jim's lunch tomorrow out of ham slices and rolls. He's also salivating :)

Me? I'm going to Denny's tomorrow!

I also made jello and Rice Krispie Treats for the kids lunches for the rest of the week.

Steaming right along...

No comments: