Sunday, February 1, 2009

No-Spend Experiment: Day 1

Well, I picked a good day to start my No-Spend Experiment. Today is Sunday. We go to church twice on Sunday, which leaves no time to spend money, LOL. Also, I did a major shopping trip this weekend and we are stocked up on everything. That makes for smooth sailing so far.

Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole. This is the other half of the one that I made last week. Because only my husband and I will eat it, I halved the recipe to reduce waste and to make two meals out of it. Basically, this means that when I fried up the sausage last week, I only used half and I froze the other half. This week I thawed it out and used it when I made the second casserole. We really like it with sharp cheddar cheese and some added seasoned salt. The kids had cereal, english muffins and fruit.

Lunch: Put some country-style ribs (.88/lb!) in the crockpot with some water while we were at church. When we got home I drained the pot and added some BBQ sauce. I let that cook while I made some cheddar broccoli rice mix that I had bought on sale awhile back. Opened a can of green beans and we had lunch. We also eat a big Sunday lunch and then FFY for dinner either before or after Sunday night service. Jim and the kids had chips a hoy for dessert and I had some leftover no-bake cookies.

Dinner: Sunday dinners are FFY, so we'll all eat something that we find.

Need to go nail down my menu for the week. I have a ham defrosted (bought after Christmas), so that will be tomorrow. Not sure about the rest of the week, yet.

No comments: