
Here's an oldie, but a goodie:
Kitchen shears!!!
Yesterday I defrosted some chicken leg quarters and made fried chicken. These chicken leg quarters are not my favorite to use because they tend to have lots of skin, fat and blood vessels. But, at 38 cents a pound, I couldn't pass them up.
So, I took out my kitchen shears and cut, cut, cut. I cut off most of the skin and fat, and removed all the blood vessels. The result was a beautiful leg quarter that made wonderful fried chicken.
Kitchen shears are preferred over regular scissors because they are stronger than scissors and can cut thru bones. Also, they usually look different, so you won't confuse them with your regular scissors.
They are very versatile and can be used to cut up just about anything in the kitchen. Just some quick ideas are lettuce, spaghetti and other foods for children, and pizza.
Here is a link to some kitchen shears on Amazon if you want to look at them for yourself.
See lots more Kitchen Tips at Tammy's Recipes!

1 comment:
I got a new pair of kitchen shears for Christmas and I'm loving them already! I like the ones that come apart so they're easier to clean =)
Post a Comment