Transaction #1:
Did the Kellogg's deal again: Buy $10 worth, receive $5 RR back.
4 packages of Keebler cookies @ 2.00 each
2 packages of Rice Krispies Treats @ 2.00 each
Minus (3) $1/2 coupons
Total OOP: $9
Received back $5 in Register Rewards
Transaction #2:
2 Carefree pantiliners 22 count; in-ad coupon (IAC) for 99 cents each; used $1/2 coupon = .49 each
2 Angel Soft 4 pack toilet paper; IAC for 99 cents each
3 Energizer Max battery packs; IAC for 2.99; used (3) 1.00 coupons = 1.99 each
Charmin 30 big rolls toilet paper 13.99 (okayed by my husband to get this)
Glade candel 4 oz (smells yum!) 1.99; used 1.00 coupon = .99, also MIR for $1 = .01 overage!
Oust surface and air sanitizer 3.00; used 1.00 coupon = 2.00, also MIR for $1 = 1.00
Pledge 3.00; used 1.00 coupon = 2.00, also MIR for $1 = 1.00
2 Shout 2.50; used (2) .75 coupons = 1.75 each, also MIR for $1 = .75 each
Used $5 RR
Total OOP: $29.72
Will receive back $5 in MIRs
So, besides the large toilet paper amount, I only paid $13 for the rest of the stuff. The batteries added a fair bit and I went back and forth trying to decide whether or not to get them. I checked with my husband and finally decided to because we go through a lot of batteries with all the kids' toys and the baby's equipment. $1.99 for good batteries is a fair price.
And, my total should have been $5 less. See below:
***I have to tell you what happened: I got through the first transaction and I'm standing there waiting for my RR to print. Nothing. The girl is looking at my like "Umm, we're done. Move now."
I say, "I'm supposed to get a $5 RR for purchasing the Kellogg's."
She says "Oh, well my catalina machine is broken. Sorry." Shrug.
I say, "Well, I'm supposed to get a $5 RR for purchasing the Kellogg's." I'm thinking, and I'm not leaving until I get it.
So, she calls over the manager who tries to tell me that the RR didn't print out because I used coupons, making my total OOP only $9.
I kindly explained to him that I had done the exact same transaction two days ago and it had worked fine.
So, he cancels my transaction and takes me over to the photo center where he re-does the transaction. Still trying to tell me that it won't work because of my coupons.
What do you know; it prints!!! Told you so.
Now I have two $5 Register Rewards (one from Monday) and am ready to buy my non-food items.
On to Transaction #2.
Except I was then told that I could not use two RR's at the same time, only one. I was peeved because I had just read extensively on the blogs that you could use more than one RR, you just couldn't use a RR to re-do the same deal. But, I just sighed and said "Okay, I'll save the other one for later." (trying sooo hard to maintain my Christian witness here).
So, I had to pay $5 more than I had intended, but I have a $5 RR to use later.

1 comment:
Way to go on your purchases! Our local Walgreens (all 3 of them) give me such a hard time when it comes to using coupons and such. I've about given up! CVS is so much more user-friendly! =)
Post a Comment