My daughter already unwrapped one of the toothbrushes, even though I tried to explain that it was an adult toothbrush. Heehee.
The breakdown:
Started out with $8 ECB's ($2 was used last Sunday to buy the paper)
Transaction #1:
Band-aids @ 2.99 - .50 coupon from 7/27 insert = 2.49, earn $2 ECB (I got the biggest box I could)
2 Palm-olive dish soap @ 1.59 BOGO - .25 coupon x 2 from recent insert, 7/27 I think = 1.09 (Did you know that you can make hand soap with this stuff?)
4 CVS toothbrushes @ 2/.99 - $1/3 coupon from CVS coupon center = .98
CVS Cool-Relief Anti-itch Spray @ 1.99 - $2 CVS beauty book coupon = .01 overage (I searched for something worthwhile to buy with the $2 coupon and this looks really cool. I stuck it in my diaper bag)
My total was $5.20, but when I handed him my $5 ECBs I suddenly had a 41 cent overage?!?! I was taken by surprised and tried to quickly grab a candy bar, but he had already zero-ed it out.
Total OOP: 0.00
Earned $2 ECB, plus I got a coupon for a free CVS Mouthwash
Transaction #2
Children's Advil @ 5.79 - 1.00 coupon = $4.79, earn $5.79 ECB Moneymaker!
CVS mouthwash 2.49 - free coupon = FREE
My total said $5.00, so I handed him my $2 ECB and my remaining $3 ECB, and suddenly I had a total remaining of 8 cents?!?! I'm so confused.
But, the cool thing was that when he saw that I was going to pay with my card (I don't carry cash), he said "Don't bother" and zero-d it out. So, I guess we are even.
So, Total OOP: $0.00
Earned: $5.79 ECBs
Thank you to Mommy-Snacks to her helpful CVS breakdown every week.
See more CVS Superstars at The Centsible Sawyer.

No comments:
Post a Comment