Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CVS 8/6

Finally finished combining the ads with my coupons so I headed to CVS.

(No, I didn't buy a toaster and can opener, heehee)

Started with $7.79 in ECBs

Transaction #1:

Essence of Beauty Lemon Twist Hand Cream 3.4 oz, found on the clearance rack for 50 cents! Originally 4.99

Essence of Beauty Lemon Twist Body Lotion 8oz, found on the clearance rack for 50 cents! Originally 4.99

3 Oral-B Advantage toothbrushes 2.49, used (2) $1 off coupons, received back 1.50 ECB each (see story below**)

2 Pert-Plus 3.69 BOGO, used (2) $2 coupons = .31 overage!!!

2 Kleenex 1.49 BOGO & 1 Kleenex 2.19 (my lazy error), used .50/3 coupon

1 CVS advanded healing hand lotion, 1.49, used 2.00 beauty book coupon = .51 overage!!!

Used $2/$10 coupon from the Richmond Parents magazine

Used $7.79 ECBs

Total OOP: $.41

Received $3 ECB & $2.50 in cash

***One of the Oral-B toothbrushes didn't ring up right, but I didn't notice it until we were done and I was wondering why I only received $3 in ECB instead of $4.50. The cashier didn't want to void everything out, so she just gave me $2.50 in cash: $1 for the wrong price and $1.50 for the ECB. I noticed afterwards that I accidentally didn't give her one of the coupons, so I did the deal again in the second transaction since I hadn't reached the Limit of 5 yet.

Transaction #2:

1 Crest toothpaste 2.49, used .75 coupon, received back 1.50 ECB

1 Oral-B toothbrush 2.49, used 1.00 coupon, received back 1.50 ECB

2 Pert-Plus 3.69 BOGO, used (2) $2 coupons = .31 overage!!!

1 Folger's twin-pack 6.99, received back 3 ECB

1 CVS advanded healing hand lotion, 1.49, used 2.00 beauty book coupon = .51 overage!!!

1 candy (not pictured) to reward my patient son = .99

Used $2/$10 coupon

Used $3 ECB

Total OOP: 5.65

Received back $6 ECB

***This is interesting: I've been CVS-ing for about six weeks now. My receipt says that my YTD savings is $243.29 already!

God is good.

Check out more CVS Superstars at The Centsible Sawyer

1 comment:

April said...

great job(and great savings so far!)