Friday, August 29, 2008

Super Savings Round-up, Week of 8/24

Well, we've had a great week; lots of exciting things going on. The kids started school on Monday and are having a blast being in the same class (combined 1st and 2nd). Here they are being goofy for their "first day of school" pictures.


I didn't do too much shopping this week, but I did go to Fry's and CVS for small trips. You can read about them by clicking on the store name.

After multiple delays, it looks like we really are moving tomorrow. I've been very stressed about this move and all the delays and I kinda lost it on my husband today, so he surprised me by taking me out for dinner at Black Angus after we dropped the kids off at my dad's to spend the night. We had a coupon for a Complete Dinner for Two and wound up bring home our entrees for later consumption.

We needed to buy some shower rods for the new house, so we headed across the street to Target. I noticed the Michael's store next door with lots of stuff on the sidewalk, so I asked it we could go there first. I hit the jackpot!!!! It was all marked 90% off. I got a gorgeous weaved wood oval mirror for $4, a small white weaved wood reading lamp for $3, a big straw tote for a Christmas gift for $1, two iron baskets for $1 each, a bunch of silk flowers for $1 or less a bundle, six 2009 16-month calendars for $1 each, and a white wicker basket that wasn't really on sale, but they gave it to me at 90% off because it was in the bin. Total amount spent was $35. The original price on the mirror was $40, so I am extremely thrilled with this. I'm excited to have some new pieces for the new house.

Also picked up a few things at Target, nothing too exciting. I'd take pictures, but we already dropped it off at the new house so that we don't have to move it tomorrow.

Oh, and I got a free $5 Chevron card, and a $10 gift card!

So, that's my week. Again, God is good!

See more round-ups at Money Saving Mom

No comments: