Thursday, August 7, 2008

Little Ones Don't Need Expensive Toys

I am cleaning things out in preparation for our move. I'm in the kitchen right now, just tossing excessive paperwork and such that seems to collect. I was thinking about my tupperware (generic!) collection and wondering if I needed to go through and toss out mis-matches.

Then I remembered:

Little ones LOVE to play with tupperware.

And, since we are talking about opening up a daycare in our new house, I can use all of my mis-match tupperware in the daycare.

That means that:

1. I don't fill up the landfill with trash, or the recycle center, in this case
2. I have less toys that I need to buy for the daycare (or even just the baby when he gets bigger)
3. I'm using something that I already have in a new way to reduce waste of product and of money.

Besides, kids love the non-toys better anyway.

Check out more Frugal Friday tips at Biblical Womanhood!

2 comments:

valley view farm said...

Thats actually a really great idea! Now I know what to do with all my 'single' pieces! THanks!

Anonymous said...

I am constantly getting rid of toys because my kids don't play with them... they prefer my kitchen stuff!