Saturday, August 2, 2008

Kitchen Inventory

I just received confirmation yesterday that we will be moving in approximately two weeks. This, coupled with my recent shopping trips making my freezer and pantry look really full, triggered the need for me to do a kitchen inventory, followed by a menu that uses up what is in my kitchen. I'm also really good at bagging up leftover meat for later and sticking it in the freezer, but sometimes it gets lost in the shuffle, so Ineed to use those up, too.

Here's what the inside of my freezer, fridge and pantry look like:




So, I pulled everything out and wrote it all down:



Then I pulled out my trusty recipes and started matching recipes and ingredients




When I found a recipe that I had all of the ingredients for, I would write it down. I listed all the main ingredients that I would use, noting if I was going to substitute an ingredients with a variety that I had on hand.




As I used up ingredients, I would mark it off the master list



Finally, I made a list of any ingredients that I would need to shop for. Here's my list:

See these posts for the inventory and the menu!

No comments: