Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Week in the Life of a Cup of Beans

Day One: So, there I was on Sunday, lounging with all of my family and friends in our nice cool bean sack, when I, along with two other cups, received the news that we had been selected to take a trip. We didn't have much notice, so we said a quick good-bye and went on our way.

Our first stop was the ceremonial bathes, where we soaked ourselves in a nice cool pot of water, cleansing away all the impurities and turning the water a nice thick brown.

Day Two: The next morning, the brown water was dumped out and replaced with more cool clean water. We met some new friends: carrots, celery, onions, a pork chop, and some chicken buillion. We heard a rumor that we all would be continuing on this journey together.

The water becaming warmer as the day went on and we are became softer. It was so nice and mellow.

That night, one of the cups of beans and some of the new guys left. They went on to parts unseen, along with some homemade tortillas.

The rest of us were giving orders to chill in the fridge and await new orders.

Day Three: We were giving notice to pack up and prepare for a trip. We were going to Texas, Texas Style Rice Skillet to be specific. I was excited to go because I heard that there was going to be cornbread muffins there, too, but, again, I was not chosen. Back to chillin'.

I heard later that those that survived the trip to Texas got to go to Ensanada, I mean Enchilada. Casserole, that it. They were matched up with some corn and cheese and laid between corn tortillas and soaked with enchilada sauce.

That was Day Four.

I was the only one left; me and some of the carrots, etc, that I had met. We finally got our orders; tomorrow we would be taken, or rather, Taco-n.

Day Five: This is the day. I've finally reached my destination. I got mixed up with a crowd of ground beef and taco seasoning and laid to rest in some taco shells.

And the rest, well, you know what happens next.

Check out more Frugal Friday Fun at Biblical Womanhood

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute story! Way to go on stretching the beans.