Friday, November 14, 2008

November 14

It's Friday!!! However, I'm tired because the baby had a rough night. So, after doing my "must-do's" this morning, including a quick trip to Albertson's, I'm taking a break for the next hour before I have to go get the kids from school.

Yesterday we had spaghetti, zucchini, garlic bread in the bread machine, and applesauce oat cake for dinner. The garlic bread was just okay to me but my hubby loved it. The applesauce oat cake was good; had a strong clove taste that I could do without. Maybe next time I'll reduce the cloves and add some nuts and raisins. The cake was a good way to use up applesauce and oats and I liked that it only made a small 8x8 cake. I think I might start making my cakes in two 8x8s and freezing one. That way we don't get tired of the cake and throw it out like we've been apt to do.

Tonight we have church, so I'm making a quick meal of tacos, using those beans again :) It will also use up some more of that lettuce and some tomatoes. I may also make one of the Zatarine's rice mixes that I got cheap earlier this week.

My cupboards are packed with food! If you know me at all, you know that I absolutely love that!!! I have an obsession with opening up pantries and seeing lots of food. It's a joke among my friends and I am often asked if I was starved as a child. Nope, we ate very well (thank you, Mom), but even as a child I loved opening up the pantry and the fridge and seeing all the food we had after Mom went shopping.

Anyway, I know that the deals are going to continue through the holidays, so I'm going to continue stocking up. I seem to remember January being pretty dull, though.

I'm actually thinking strongly about asking my husband if we can do a "30 Days of Nothing" ala Owlhaven in January. I'm sure that we will have plenty of food. And, I'd like to reallocate that money for some furniture needs that my children have that we are going to have to tackle soon, seeing as how we are planning to have another baby in a year or two.

January would be a good time, because we have our annual week of prayer and fasting anyway. I'll just need to get creative and I need to see better how we are in December.

And, we get our new daycare baby on December 1, so I'll need to see how that's going to affect things. I'm sure its going to be a little hairy while I figure out life with these two babies together (and I'm thinking about having another baby? I must be crazy!)

Jim has to work tomorrow, so it will be just me and the kids. I'm planning a quick trip to Safeway for chicken breasts and potatoes. I *might* take them to the airport to see the planes land and take off, which is a request from my 6-year-old. We are having chicken and potatoes for dinner.

Happy friday!

No comments: