Friday, November 21, 2008

Frugal Friday: Products help me be a good wife!

One of the hardest things for me to master in my quest to be a "Proverbs 31" wife is cleaning.

Honor him? Check

Respect him? Check

Bring food from afar? Check

Clean the house? Ermmmm...

I've learned over the years that one of the best ways to get me to clean the house is to make it as easy on myself as possible.

Which brings me to today's Frugal Friday tip: If the item is going to help you get the job done, it just might be worth spending the extra money to buy it.

In other words: If buying a Swiffer Wet Jet is going to make it more likely for me to mop the floors on a consistent basis, it is worth it to me to pay extra for the initial investment of a mop and accessories, and to pay in intervals for the replacement pieces.

Yes, it would be cheaper, and probably better for the environment, if I would buy a mop and bucket, and use vinegar and water as my cleaning base.

But, it is extra work to get out the bucket, fill it with water, you know the drill.

It is so much easier to just grab the Swiffer, stick a pad on it and get mopping. Now I mop with much more consistancy, to the point that my husband has noticed and commented, and HE told me to continue to buy the Swiffer products.

To make it a little more economical, I buy my Swiffer products at Sam's. I would buy it at CVS or Walgreen's, but I haven't seen these on special in the five months that I've been working the deals.

So, while pursuing frugality, remember, is doing this, or using this, going to help me to be the best I can be?

For more Frugal Friday tips, check out Biblical Womanhood

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! I have a really hard time keeping our linoleum in our kitchen clean in our new house. I've been coveting one of those wet jets. I'm trying to put off the purchase, but it sure would make my house nicer!

Anonymous said...

I buy myself a bottle of cleaner and the cleaning pads around thanksgiving every year and us it up over the holidays so the house looks nice for all the guests. Since I live in a damp climate it dries way faster and I don't get tracking problems from it. The rest of the year my floors get cleaned less frequently unless I find the swiffer stuff on sale.
-kattmaxx