Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 11/18

Guess What?! I'm not going shopping today! Are you suprised? LOL

And I just got the ads for this coming up week and it looks pretty dismal. So, besides a turkey for the kids' party and a ham for our party, and maybe some potatoes and vegs, I'm not going shopping this next week.

That's okay. I think I need a break after this past week.

Today we are having Crystal's Corn Chowder (recipe below) and Sweet Dinner Rolls

Here's the recipe for Corn Chowder that I copied off of Money-Saving Mom, don't know exactly when.

Corn Chowder

(I originally got this recipe from Tammy and it's about one of the cheapest things ever to make - especially if you have milk expiring soon or get a great deal on reduced milk.) Crystal's notes

1 can corn (You can also use fresh corn or frozen corn.)
2 baking potatoes
1 onion
2 Tbsp. flour
2 Tbsp. butter
4 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste

Chop potatoes and onion. Melt butter in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until slightly brown. Add flour and stir until mixture is bubbly. Add milk, potatoes, and corn. Cook over medium heat until soup slightly boils. Reduce heat to low and cook until potatoes are tender. Season to taste.

No comments: