On Monday, I mentioned that I purchased 4 chickens at .57/lb and I was cooking one in the crockpot that day.
The chicken came out very tender and good. Personally, I preferred taste and texture of the Sticky Chicken out of the oven, but I was the only one who noticed a difference.
That night we were busy with our company and all, so I just stuck the lid on the pot and put it all into the fridge, intending to make chicken soup with the leftovers.
Tuesday I didn't touch it. I had to take my mom to the airport right at dinner time, so we just had fast food.
Yesterday I pulled it out. Honestly, it was kind of a mess. I started picking at it, and easily pulled off about two cups worth of chicken meat. That went into a baggie into the freezer for a later meal.
There was still a bunch of meat attached to little bones and grissle and such. I tossed the whole thing in a stockpot, added water, and boiled it for about an hour.
Drained it and let it cool. Then, I picked through it and, would you believe, I got about another 1.5 cups of chicken, a perfect amount for chicken soup.
So, I'm getting three meals, not counting leftovers, from this chicken that I bought for .57/lb.
One tip is to make sure that you get the biggest chickens that you can find/afford. This chicken was about six pounds, so it cost me approximately $3.50 and is being stretched to three meals.
Can't beat that at all!!
The Weekly Ramble – October 30, 2026
23 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment