Friday, April 24, 2009

Routines: The rest of the week.

One of the reasons that I try to get most of my deep cleaning done on Tuesday is because, for some reason, once Wednesday hits, the week tends to go awry. Special events pop up, Hubby needs me to do something special, you know the drill. So, getting most of it out of the way on Tuesday is so helpful to my not feeling behind.

Wednesday's zone is the living room (if not done on Tuesday).

Then, the grocery ads come on Wednesday, so I usually spend the rest of the day preparing my grocery list and doing coupon matches.

If I have time on Wednesday, I do the kid's bathroom. Otherwise, that gets done of Thursday.

Thursday is my main shopping day and also my girl's fellowship day.

So, when I get up in the morning, I usually dress a little nicer. After I drop the kids off at school, I get together with at least one other mom and we go out for breakfast. Usually it's just McDonald's, but that little bit of time is such a treasure and a refresher for me.

Then, we hit the stores. Sometimes it's just one. In the past I've had up to six different stores to go to. If I have that many, I try to split it up a little. But, there is a CVS, Walgreens, Bashas and Albertsons all on one block that is about five miles from my house, so I try to make it worthwhile when I go over there.

That takes up most of Thursday.

Friday's zone is my room and bathroom. I will admit that all too often this gets postponed if something else comes up.

And, that's my week. I've ended the week by completely cleaning my whole house so that on Saturday I can concentrate on my family and friends. Some Saturdays we all go do something fun, like tomorrow's trip to free day at the Science Center. Other Saturdays we stay home. Last Saturday we had a clean house and nothing planned and I was able to be there for a friend when she needed some emergency babysitting (and I netted myself a free babysitting night!)

Sunday is the Lord's day and we go to church twice. I also make a very conscious effort to rest in the afternoon, allowing myself to read a book, even if there are dishes to do, etc. This is the one time that I can rest instead of doing the next thing.

And that's my routine :)

No comments: