Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Routines: Monday

Monday is my "weekend recovery" day. No matter how neat and tidy my house is on Saturday, by Monday it's a disaster area. So, I always take Monday to just get my house back in shape. All of the dishes are done and everything is put away. Any laundry that needs to be folded and put away is finished. I don't do any deep cleaning, just a lot of picking up and putting away, setting to rights.


I also use Monday to clean out my fridge, which is usually bulging with leftovers and such. I go through everything, maybe wipe down a shelf or two while I'm at it, and inventory the contents, taking care of any food that needs to be handled, froze, etc. This helps me to get an idea of what is in my fridge that needs to be used and reduces waste.


Finally, if I have time left, I will bake either a dessert or a snack food. Sometimes I have time, sometimes I don't.

Coming up next: Tuesday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monday and Fridays are my cleaning days. Its just never ending.