Monday, March 30, 2009

It's another Monday morning!

I love Mondays. I like getting things back into "the routine" after a crazy weekend.

On my grocery run ths weekend, I picked up four whole chickens, .57/lb. I put three in the freezer. The fourth is in my crockpot now. I wanted to make Sticky Chicken, but we will be gone most of today. But, since you cook it for five hours on 250, I wondered if it would work in the crockpot. Lo and behold, Stephanie already wondered this, too, and tried it, so I'm using her advice and doing it in the crockpot.

Tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll throw the carcass in a pot and make chicken soup. Love eating twice!

Last Friday I make oven-fried chicken using some chicken thighs that I purchased on Manager's Special for .73/lb. They were very big and meaty. Yum!! I also used flour instead of bread crumbs as I was out.

Saturday we ate out with my visiting mom.

Sunday I made spaghetti with pasta purchased on sale and more Classico sauce. This time I used "Four Cheeses". It didn't have as intense a flavor as the Italian Sausage did the other day, but it was good.

Mom and I are heading out to the outlets for some shopping. Can't wait!!!

No comments: