Here I am!
Wow, it's hard to find time to blog. I know most of you do it late at night, but I prefer sleeping, thankyouverymuch. 'Specially considering that a certain, unnamed baby still won't sleep through the night.
And a routine??? Ha! How do you set a routine when the kid keeps changing it on you??? This kid definitely has a mind of his own.
Things are moving right along around here. I keep having all these ideas of things that I want to blog about, but I'm constantly side-tracked. Right now I should be doing my daily chores, but I'm not.
I'm been a little disorganized this week, which has resulted in two unplanned trips to the store for things that I forgot to buy on my big trip. Of course, once there I find something else to buy and spend more than I intended. Sigh. I know, I know, this is very bad.
This coming week I'm going to attempt to menu plan and shop for two weeks, since this is our paycheck-off-week. We get paid once a month, plus every other week, which usually results in one week with no paycheck. We've just been stretching the money out, but I'd like to see if it would be better to shop for two weeks.
The hardest part that I foresee is getting the snacks to last. My family members (both adult and child) love to snack and will eat until I say stop. So, I'm going to have to be vigilant to make it last.
I wanted to share a website that I found recently. It's The Prudent Homemaker and I have been absolutely fascinated with it. This woman has a huge food storage area and talks a great deal about how she filled it up when her family was flush and now that they are in a money-famine, they've been living off of their food storage. She has tons of recipes and advice.
I love pantries. Even as a child, I loved to go into the kitchen after my mom finished putting all of the groceries away and just stare at the food in the fridge and pantry. Truly, much of my feelings of security center around food.
So, I'm loving looking at this website. I would love to be able to have a year's worth of food storage, but it's not feasible right now. Some day...
Also, another post to check out is Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Frugal Fashionista series. Jen is talking about how you can build a great wardrobe secondhand. It's inspiring.
Thankfully, I have some great thrift stores here in the Phoenix area, so most of my clothing is second-hand.
I recently made a donation and received a coupon for $3 off $10 or more. I had a little mad money from my babysitting job, and a little time, so I went on Friday. I was so blessed!!!
I found a barely worn pair of casual black pumps (Worthingtons) for $8, then 50% off. I found a wonderful all-purpose black skirt, a dressy long tan skirt and a Christopher and Banks casual skirt (remember, I love that brand!!). I also picked up a very flattering pull-over shirt that goes with the black skirt and a sexy brown sheer ruffly shirt thing that you wear over another shirt. Also found a gorgeous black wool blazer for $3! Nothing was more than $6 and I spent $32 total, which also included a pair of blue uniform pants for my son that I was so thankful to find because he only has one pair of pants that doesn't have a hole!
I was so thrilled with my trip.
Anyway, the baby is into something (as usual), so I'm going to log off. Hopefully I'll have more time to post this week, and maybe even some pictures!!! :)
Psalms 150
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

1 comment:
I think you are doing what you are suppose to be. Just go with the flow. Things will fall in place.
Praying that all goes well for you. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
Post a Comment