I'm not sure if I posted this recipe before, or not. If I did, I didn't label it. So, here it is again:
This serves a small army. We usually eat it for two nights, then freeze it. Later we eat it for another two nights, plus about two-four lunches.
This recipe comes from an old friend, Rebecca, who used to have a website called Blue Garlic.
INGREDIENTS
1 medium onion, chopped to ¼” pieces
1 small red bell pepper, diced similarly (I rarely use this)
1 small green bell pepper, diced similarly
1 14.5 oz can Mexican recipe petite diced tomatoes, or jalapeno flavored, or any other you’d like to use
1 4 oz can diced green chilies, drained
1 11 oz can corn, drained, or 1 cup frozen corn
1 boneless pork roast, 3-4 lbs, visible fat trimmed
2 tsp cumin
1 ½ tsp garlic salt
1 ½ tsp oregano
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 6 oz can tomato paste
Corn tortillas or taco shells
STEPS
1. Combine vegetables in a crockpot. Add meat, and sprinkle spices overtop. Cook on low for 8-12 hours.
2. Drain off most of the liquid, and use two forks to shred the meat into strings. Add the tomato paste and stir until combine. Serve over warmed corn tortillas (preferred) or in taco shells.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment