As much as I hoped to not spend any money this week, a quick glance at my son's legs informed me that he had sprouted up again and needed new jeans. The one pair of jeans that does still fit gave birth to twin knee holes overnight.
We were passing a thrift store on the way to our Christmas celebration with my dad, so we stopped in. I found a pair of Levis and a pair of Wranglers for $9.98 total. He will wear these for "good" and I will patch the knee holes and he can wear those for play.
My husband also found three pairs of jeans for himself $9.99 each. This is a miracle because he is tall and has a hard time finding jeans at the thrift store that fit. He's been needing jeans for work and just been making do, so this was great.
After the get-together, we went shopping for new coats for our kids. Because our climate is only cold for a short amount of time, I really wanted a 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 coat so that we can get maximum usage out of it. I had been shopping around and we finally settled on Burlington Coat Factory. They were $35 and $45. We bought them in larger sizes in hopes that they will be able to get at least two years wear out of them. The kids are kinda swimming in them right now, but my mommy heart is happy that they will be nice and warm. Best of all, we used Christmas money from grandparents to buy them, so no out of pocket for us.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment