We've had a busy couple of days as we adjust to a new baby in the house (my first daycare baby-she's 1 month old!) She mostly sleeps, but my 8-month-old is jealous! So, it's been an experience.
It makes me doubly thankful for my menu-plan and that I had the foresight to make it easy this week. I've been able to feed my family good food even though I'm exhausted from the new 5 a.m. wake-up call.
Yesterday I switched the menu a little and we had the spaghetti because its easier to make than the beefaroni, and we had church. It's just spaghetti and canned sauce. I always add a can of tomato sauce and some sugar because Jim likes it extra saucy.
Had some hot dogs buns that needed to be used up, so I made garlic bread.
Today we are having Bean and Chicken Soup. I will post the recipe. I'm using the remainder of the kidney beans that I cooked up on Monday. I'm also defrosting some cooked chicken bones that I will pull the meat off of. I told about how I do that here.
I will make some yeast rolls in the bread machine.
Also having a sweets craving, so I made these today. I have a big stash of all of these ingredients, so its good to use them up!
Ads look good this week, particularly Albertson's since they are doubling/tripling coupons. Hopefully make my list tonight.
I have some bananas that need to be made into something, but everyone is tired of muffins, so I need to think of something else.
Have a great day!
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment