Saturday, December 13, 2008

Super Savings Saturday, JCPenney score!

Well, overall this has been a quiet week for us, nothing too note-worthy in the kitchen due to my new daycare baby. Which, I guess is a good thing; shows that menu-planning and stock-piling really do work to make life easier when you need it.

The only grocery shopping that I did was week was the weekly trip to Fry's on Friday. I spent $80. About $15 of that was baby food. I needed some and had a bunch of coupons that were expiring at the end of the month, so I decided to use them all. Doing so allowed me to get a catalina deal that I didn't even now about, so I earned a $1.50 catalina. Cool!

I did have a great savings shopping trip this week that I wanted to tell you about. I received a coupon in the mail from JCPenney for $10 off a purchase of $10 or more! How sweet is that! I had to dismiss a few of my initial ideas because the coupon didn't allow small appliances, electronics, etc; basically it was good for clothes only.

So, I assessed which person needed what (really we are quite blessed as Katelyn just got a bunch of clothes, I'm actually fitting into most of my clothes-that's rare!, Tyler has just enough, and Jim can use some but doesn't have a great need). That left Jason, who I've been thinking for the past few weeks could really use some pants. So, I decided to look for pants for Jason.

Honestly, the selection wasn't that great, but I finally found some light-weight sweat-type pants on sale for $4.99. I had him try on the next size up to see if they fit so that we could get maximum use out of them. They did. I picked out three pairs of pants to go over $10 and forced myself to walk away. I really wanted to buy five shirts, too, but I decided not to.

When I got to the cashier, two of the pants rang up for $3.99! So, I paid $3.xx for three pairs of new pants. Yeah!!!

1 comment:

mom_of2boys said...

I love when things ring up cheaper than the ticketed price! Great find! I hope to score some good deals at JCP tomorrow.