I hate trying to menu-plan and shop when I don't feel good. I only want to eat comfort food and I don't want to coupon. I always spend more.
So, I went to Fry's for this week's needs and spent $86. I didn't take any coupons; I even forgot the $6/$30 competitor's coupon that I could have used.
Oh well.
I did need to clean out the fridge and freezer, so I took out the frozen turkey carcass and put that into a pot of water. Boiled that for a few hours. Now the meat is cooling so that I can shred it up. Not sure if I'm going to be a good girl and save the broth or not. ***Update: I used 2 cups for the soup that I made for dinner and then threw the rest out. I justified it that I didn't have enough room, but really, I just don't like homemade broth. I need to get over it.
I also cut off the rest of the meat from our 16 pound ham and froze the ham bone. I then chopped up the meat and divided it among three bags and stuck it in the freezer. Yum!
Dinner was Turkey Tortilla Chowder.
Jackpot!
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment