Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1

First day of the month is also so refreshing. So many promises for the future; a clean financial slate.

Today I made Weeknight Chili and Cornbread muffins for dinner. It's already made so that I can send some home with the new daycare mommy; I remember how tough it was.

For the chili, I doubled the recipe below, but added a whole 28 oz can of tomato sauce. Then, it didn't look like enough, so I added a 28oz can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano. It looked good then, so I let it simmer for an hour or so.

Made fresh kidney beans out of a bag that I had and fridged about half for my Bean and Chicken soup on Wednesday.

Here are the recipes that I used today:


Weeknight Chili
8/24/04--I got this recipe by pulling a recipe card out of an automatic feeder at the grocery store. It proved to be really good, and really easy. Excellent over fritos or baked potatoes.
INGREDIENTS
1 lb ground beef
1 15 oz can kidney beans
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp minced onion
¼ tsp garlic salt
1 tsp sugar
STEPS
1. Brown ground beef in a 3 qt saucepan. Drain.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Golden Sweet Cornbread, can be made as muffins, bake 15 mins

No comments: