Thursday, March 26, 2009

I can't think of a title

*On Tuesday I made Baked Ziti. I used Classico Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce. It was outstanding! I've never used Classico sauces before, but it was on sale recently with coupons, so I picked up four jars. This is my new favorite. Especially for making meatless meals. It had pieces of sausage, peppers and onions in it and really jazzed it up. We couldn't tell that I hadn't added any meat. I totally recommend it if you can get it for a good price.

*Wednesday was my baby's first birthday. Happy Birthday, Jason!!!

We don't do parties for first birthdays; just cake. I can not tell you how lazy I felt yesterday. I really wanted to just swing by the store and buy a six-pack of cupcakes and be done with it. Forget about dinner, too. But, I forced myself to use what I had at home. I made a Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake (love that recipe!).

I was going to make chocolate frosting with it, but I decided to use a can of frosting that was hanging out in my cupboard that I had got for free. It was white. Well, then I decided to use some of the writing icing that I had to write on the cake. As I was writing I noticed that the icing was very runny. Ooops, that wasn't icing, it was food coloring gel. So, the white icing was turned into blue on top and green on the bottom. I then wrote "Jason 1" in yellow icing. It looked pretty cool :) I have some decorating balloons from a cake four years ago that I added. He really like those. He pulled them out and sucked on them for a long time.

I placed a slice of cake on his tray and he picked at it, but he didn't go for it with too much gusto. Which made clean-up easy.

Made meatloaf for dinner. Here's a tip: for some reason whenever I make cornbread, we wind up with leftovers that don't get eaten. I freeze this and it makes great breadcrumbs for my meatloaf.

*Today I swung by the "other" store to pick up split chicken breasts for .77/lb, 4lb bags of potatoes for .77 each, zucchini .77/lb and read pepper .77 each (its the store's 77th anniversary). I spent $11.xx

I'm feeling very unmotivated to menu plan and shop, so I think I'm just going to pick up the sales and then plan as I go this week. We've got plenty to work with.

No comments: