Saturday, March 21, 2009

OAMC Breakfast: burritos and waffles

I usually mke a "big" breakfast on weekend mornings. This morning I decided to do some OAMC with breakfast foods. It's super easy to do this when you are making waffles, as you can use the four minutes while the waffle is cooking to do other things.

First I made a double batch of our favorite waffles. These have a wonderful light cinnamon taste and are very hearty. It's also a great way to use up all of that free oatmeal that I got awhile back.

While the waffles cooked, I cooked up the filling for breakfast burritos. I loosely used this recipe. For my filling, I browned a pound of sausage and then added a dozen eggs. I fried up a bag of potatoes o'brien and then threw that in with the meat/egg combo. Added about a cup of cheese. I then filled each tortilla with 1/2 cup filling and rolled up. I got 18 burritos.

The waffles were done by the time I finished up, so now I have burritos and waffles in the freezer.

I also want to make some Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and maybe these sometime this week, but we'll see how it goes.

No comments: