Our Saturday didn't go quite as planned. We went to the local AFB airshow where, due to poor logistics planning (loooong lines and traffic) a "couple-of-hours" event turned into an all day thing. We wound up eating out for Saturday "linner" and then eating out again Sunday because I didn't have anything made up for lunch. Whoops.
This morning I'm motivated to get back to making sure that I'm not wasting food in the kitchen. Use it up! So, I pulled out the rest of the strawberries (I purchased a 4 lb container on sale this past week) and made more chocolate covered strawberries for dessert tonight. The remaining few I cut up and the kids can eat those for snack.
I also made a double batch of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins; they are in the oven right now. We will eat some and freeze some.
Speaking of that, it was soooo nice to pull out a breakfast burrito this morning and just pop it into the microwave for a filling breakfast.
I have about a dozen tortillas left, plus some expiring guacomole and sour cream, so I'm going to make Streamlined Chimis tonight to use this stuff up.
Money-Saving Mom is doing a Pantry Challenge this week; check it out here. I love that kind of stuff.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment