Thursday, January 20, 2011

Free Items 1/20

It's been a busy week for us, and kinda sparse in the deals world, so I didn't deal/coupon shop much this last week.

Here's a recap of both free items, and just some good deals that I was able to go after:

BABIES R US/TOYS R US


We did get to go on our date last Friday. We had 38 Rewards Dollars to spend.

First, we found BOGO DS games for $19.99, so we bought our oldest son two DS games for his birthday which is next month.

Then, we bought a play acoustic guitar for $20 for my other son's March birthday.

Total OOP for both items total was about $5.

TJ MAXX

My mom had bought my baby an outfit for Christmas and unfortunately I had quoted the wrong size. So, while in the area, I took it back. I was able to exchange it for a church outfit in the correct size, as well as a package of socks. Paid the $1 difference.

STARBUCKS

We enjoyed our free Frappucinos and Lemon Pound Cake

WALGREENS

Swung by Walgreens on Saturday to do the Sinex deal.

4 Sinex at $5.00 each
Used 4 $4 off coupons
Used $3 RR
OOP $3.88, Earned a $10 Register Reward! I love that!!!

BABIES R US

Yesterday we went back to Babies R Us to spend another 13 Rewards Dollars (they had different valid dates, so we had to wait.)

My oldest son is on a gluten-free, casein-free diet, which can get expensive. I had noticed that BRU carried some healthy snacks, so I decided to see if there were any GFCF snacks for him.

I was able to find some fruit snacks and other items for him and the other kids. One thing that was great was that there was a display of Gerber Fruit twists, small boxes. The sign said "4 for $1". Wow, great deal and perfect to help me hit but not go over $13! So, I grabbed the four boxes and added it to my basket.

When I checked out, the boxes rang up for $2.99 each. I brought it to the cashier's attention. Turns out, they had just put the sign up, IN THE WRONG PLACE! So, they had to give me the items at the signed price. SCORE!!!

I was prepared to pay the difference over 13, but she said that my total was $0, so I received all of my items for free!

CINNAMON ROLLS

Last night at church, a woman who is very special to me gave me a platter of home-made cinnamon rolls and a Scripture verse. :) Those are some of the best "free" things that you can get.

MORE FREE PRODUCE

Received two grocery bags worth of oranges, tomatoes, zucchini and summer squash at church. Not sure what I'm going to do with all the squash besides freeze it. What a blessing!

I think that is it. I do plan to hit the stores sometime before the end of Tuesday for some free pasta, but I may have to pass if life continues to be too busy. And that's okay :)

No comments: